× Members

please help no money for a over a month

• kmr
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #37079 by kmr
Thanks everyone for helping me, restoring my faith in humanity!! i have a photo copy of the "Statement of Fitness for Work" (fit note) and it does not have a box for until "futher notice".
there are 2 boxes to tick at the top of the note, the doc ticked the box for "you are not fit to work" the other box is "you may be fit for work taking account of the following advice:...."
then it goes to "if availible, and with your employers agreement, you may benefit from": (5 boxes)"amended duties, work place adaptions, altered hours, phased return to work". After that there is a space for the GP to put "comments, including functional effects of your condition(s)". then " this will be the case for...or from to... "(i think this is where my doc should of put till further notice). "I will/will not need to assess your fitness for work again at the end of this period.(delete as app)".I SHALL make sure now that i check what the doc puts because the ESA are being extremley harsh they havent sent me a letter to explain and they have had my sick note since 27 Oct 10 when i made my new claim.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jules Baggs
13 years 4 months ago #37105 by jules Baggs
Replied by jules Baggs on topic Re:please help no money for a over a month
kmr, that's awful, I really feel for you. It's bad enough being sick without having all this additional pressure. I would phone my MP if I were in your situation, they can put a lot of pressure on the DWP. Ironically, I am trying to stop them paying me ESA since I lost my appeal in September. I have had payments in October and November, I phoned them immediately I got the first one and have told the Jobcentre that they are paying me inappropriately but today I have had a letter saying "we need a new medical certificate of your ESA will stop". Now maybe it will stop. Am still sick, btw, fibromyalgia is incurable. Life is difficult sometimes, isn't it? Mods, will I have to pay the overpaid ESA back, since I have alerted them to their mistake?

More
13 years 4 months ago #37108 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:please help no money for a over a month
jules
Baggs wrote:

kmr, that's awful, I really feel for you. It's bad enough being sick without having all this additional pressure. I would phone my MP if I were in your situation, they can put a lot of pressure on the DWP. Ironically, I am trying to stop them paying me ESA since I lost my appeal in September. I have had payments in October and November, I phoned them immediately I got the first one and have told the Jobcentre that they are paying me inappropriately but today I have had a letter saying "we need a new medical certificate of your ESA will stop". Now maybe it will stop. Am still sick, btw, fibromyalgia is incurable. Life is difficult sometimes, isn't it?

Mods, will I have to pay the overpaid ESA back, since I have alerted them to their mistake?

No you won't have to pay back the sum overpaid at the present time, as it would be deemed an official error.

Please refer to my last response in this thread HERE.

The DWP are currently attempting to recover any sums overpaid, even when the claimant has notified them of their circumstances at the correct time, and questioned any subsequent potential error in payment.

The case in question has recently been heard by the Supreme Court as to whether the DWP are entitled to recover overpayments of this kind, and a decision is currently pending.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• jules Baggs
13 years 4 months ago #37110 by jules Baggs
Thank you Crazydiamond, That's a little good news in a vast sea of bad stuff. :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #37113 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:please help no money for a over a month
Hi Jules

I'll have your ESA payments if you don't want them. :laugh:

Derek

• jules Baggs
13 years 4 months ago #37139 by jules Baggs
Oh, gosh! Ha ha ha! I am fluctuating wildly between feeling I need to see my doctor because of the PROFOUND depression and consequent agony in my neck and shoulders, and getting serious about finding work because I have been forced to apply for JSA and they make you apply for things - if I don't get a job, the JSA will only last 6 months because my husband is working, but he's a window cleaner and (between you and me) not a very good one. I mean, the windows are clean, but they take him ages so we live on not much more than fresh air. He got made redundant when the banks got into all their strife. I think the GP let me down, his letter for my appeal was useless, and I should have known because I used to be a benefits adviser and he and his nurse once expressed a very negative view about that - so I am staying away from him even though I think I probably do need medical assistance quite badly. So no, fond as I am of all the regular contributors to this wonderful forum, you can't have my "spare" ESA!! :laugh:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.