× Members

Medical Information

More
13 years 4 months ago #37081 by Fiona30ni
Medical Information was created by Fiona30ni
I had a ESA medical and have been put in the Work Related group, my doctor has advised me to resign from my present job due to my illness (Lupus)I ran requesting a copy of the medical report and was told I had to request this in writing is this so? If I request that the decision maker looks at my claim again would it be a good idea to get a letter from my GP as they dont seem to have contacted them. Also at a work focus interview can they change you to Support group?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #37083 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Medical Information
Fiona30ni wrote:

I had a ESA medical and have been put in the Work Related group, my doctor has advised me to resign from my present job due to my illness (Lupus)I ran requesting a copy of the medical report and was told I had to request this in writing is this so? If I request that the decision maker looks at my claim again would it be a good idea to get a letter from my GP as they dont seem to have contacted them. Also at a work focus interview can they change you to Support group?

Hi,

To quickly answer a few of your queries:

To obtain a copy of your medical report, you may need to submit a subject access request under the Data Protection Act.

If you are asking for a reconsideration, yes you can supply a doctors report to send in - be aware though you are time limited to ask for a reconsideration. Normally we advise people to go for a full appeal, as a reconsideration is carried out as part of this process. To ask for an appeal submit a form GL24 - you can download one here:

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

It maybe wise to obtain some face to face help, as at reconsideration or appeal tribunal your whole claim could be re-examined. Hence there maybe a small chance your current award (WRAG) could be revised downwards, although I emphasise the chance is small, but it is a possibility.

The WFI adviser cannot change you from Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) to Support Group. This can only be done by a DWP Decision Maker on reconsideration or on appeal at a tribunal.

Pete
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by pete17971. Reason: spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.