× Members

IB to ESA migration PCA exempt

More
13 years 5 months ago #37119 by woodsie
IB to ESA migration PCA exempt was created by woodsie
Hi!
I have read several replies on threads and web links from this site and all explain the transfer proceedure but can anyone give me an idea of when migration will take place for someone who is IB PCA exempt (reg/blind) with no PCA review date _ will it be near the end of the process or sooner.
Or is that a how long is a piece of string question.
Dont want to waste your time but the longer i have before my finances plummet the longer i retain my sanity as come the end of the 12months cb based ESA im stuffed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
13 years 5 months ago #37138 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic Re:IB to ESA migration PCA exempt
Hi M,

IB migration trials started in Aberdeen and Burnley from October 2010 using a sample of 1,700 claimants. DA's understanding is that these will be handled clerically, which means that DWP computer software will not be used or tested until full migration starts.

The main-roll out of migration of claimants from IB/income-related Income Support onto ESA will begin on 28 February 2011 and is due to finish in March 2014.

People reaching state pension age between these two dates will be excluded from the migration. This is the only group exempt from migration so far .

Arguments were put forward to move the Personal Capability Assessment exempt groups (about 30% of IB/IS claimants) onto the ESA Support Group but these were rejected. The Treasury are still mulling over what to do about pre-1995 tax exempt claimants (of IB and SDA).

For more information on incapacity benefits migration timetable see the DWP website at www.dwp.gov.uk/adviser/updates/ib-reassessing-claims/

Keep updated by visiting www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate.htm

Hope this helps.

jim

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.