× Members

confusing information

More
13 years 4 months ago #37271 by tango
confusing information was created by tango
my friend was on incapacity benefit and higher rate mobility(dla) and recently attended a medical and was only awarded 7 points and hence her incapacity benefit was stopped. she has appealed against this decision and at the moment is only in receipt of her dla 49 pounds something per week.She has had some rather conflicting advice from her benefits advisors, one told her to claim esa while her appeal was being heard and another told her to claim income support and she was wandering which is the best to claim, she is single and no dependent children.Also she gets housing benefit of £87 per week but her rent is £110 per week she was paying the difference out of her dla but at present this is her only source of income any advice would be much appeciated. Believe me she needs care constantly now day and night and should be claiming carers bit of dla but is a very independent lady and also believes she would not get this because she failed medical. I attended the medical with her and cannot believe that she failed medical after they were told about her constant care needs and physical disabilities, but then again these medicals are just a fix (it wasnt even an atos doctor but a nurse)
tango :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #37274 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: confusing information
Hi Tango

If she claims IS it will be reduced by 20% while she awaits the appeal hearing, so claiming ESA sounds a better option. She will need the support of her GP to claim ESA (for sick notes).

Hope this is helpful

Derek

More
13 years 4 months ago #37287 by tango
Replied by tango on topic Re: confusing information
thanks derek she went to see her gp today and he says he will give all the support she needs including sick notes. now to look at help pages so i can fill her esa form in for her

More
13 years 4 months ago #37289 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:confusing information
Tangp

For some reason you have re-posted your original message, word for word, on a new thread!

For continuity, I have deleted the duplicate.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.