× Members

DLA result by return of post

• daisydaisy
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #37330 by daisydaisy
DLA result by return of post was created by daisydaisy
I sent my renewal form in just in time, I got a reply within a week bringing my rates down to low from high. I asked for a look at the descision again and got the same response, pratically by return of post! Basically no further information required other than what I put on the form. I have a history of cfs, heart attack and currently remission from cancer but still see oncologist every 3 months, I guess I will have to go to tribunal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago #37333 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:DLA result by return of post
daisydaisy wrote:

I sent my renewal form in just in time, I got a reply within a week bringing my rates down to low from high. I asked for a look at the descision again and got the same response, pratically by return of post! Basically no further information required other than what I put on the form. I have a history of cfs, heart attack and currently remission from cancer but still see oncologist every 3 months, I guess I will have to go to tribunal

Hi,

That certainly was a quick claim turnaround by the DWP. Sadly it was not the result you wanted.

Asking for a reconsideration only carries a small chance of your award being increased and the chances of an increased award are much better at a Tribunal, particularly an oral one where you actually attend and with good representation.

You can download a copy of a form GL24 (to ask for an appeal) here:

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/gl24dwp.pdf

You are timelimited in getting it returned to the DWP, so you can return it asap just putting down why you think the award was wrong. You can submit further evidence later.

As well as using the guides in the members area, it should help if you can obtain some face to face help and representation from such as the CAB, Welfare Rights or via Community Legal Advice.

www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/

They also will help to ensure the relative safety of your current low award and help make your case for a higher award.

Pete

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.