× Members

Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?

• Sickofit
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38174 by Sickofit
Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews? was created by Sickofit
I have appealed against an ESA decision as I am no longer fit for work after 46 years of physically-demanding manual work. As I am now 62 years old, will I still have to go for work-focussed interviews? Are there any exemptions at all for the over 60's? Your help would be very much appreciated as I can't seem to get a proper answer from the local JCP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #38180 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?
You don't have to attend a WFI if you've reached the qualifying age for pension credit. I know that that was 60 last year but is going up, but I haven't yet found out what it is. I'll keep looking.

• Survivor
13 years 3 months ago #38183 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?
It looks like the pension age changes (pension credit is paid from when women become entitled to state pension regardless of whether the claimant is male or female) haven't yet been brought into force, so as you're over 60, you shouldn't have to attend WFIs.

• Sickofit
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38192 by Sickofit
Replied by Sickofit on topic Re: Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?
Many thanks for your help. That's one less hurdle to overcome - not that I'm fit enough to be jumping over hurdles! Cheers!

• Tony O C
13 years 3 months ago #38210 by Tony O C
Replied by Tony O C on topic Re: Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?
Do things change when you are over 60 i think you replied to sickofits question
I am nearly 60.
Tony O C

• Sickofit
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38341 by Sickofit
Replied by Sickofit on topic Re: Over 60's Work Focussed Interviews?
If someone over 60 wins their appeal against having their ESA stopped and they do not have to attend WFI's, does that mean they will automatically go straight on the SUPPORT component instead of having to go on the WORK-RELATED ACTIVITY component?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.