× Members

DLA Appeal info please

More
13 years 4 months ago #38290 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
Hi Sue

It sounds like they want to hear from you in person because of 'discrepancies in the evidence' (hopefully not your evidence, but yours and the ATOS/DWP). They may also require your GP's notes or they may just be using the adjournment as an opportunity to get further evidence.

I agree with Kathy, you would have a much better chance if you attend, but if you feel this is too much for you, at the very least you should write and explain (again) that you cannot cope with a hearing. They cannot compel you to attend and should understand. I would not recommend withdrawing the appeal but just ask for it to be dealt with on the papers.

Best wishes

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #38316 by alan10one
Replied by alan10one on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
Hi just a quickie on this subject of DLA appeals.
A lady down the road from me was getting DLA and has been for about 8 years. In Jan of this year she had her top care allowance cut down to middle but still got her high rate mobility. Last week out of the blue and without prior warning or medical she received a letter telling her that her claim had been looked at again and her DLA stopped with immediate effect.
Have any of you had this done?.
I have told her to appeal but she is very much like Sue.
It makes my blood boil as this woman really needs to be on DLA.

Tom

More
13 years 4 months ago #38318 by kefkat
Replied by kefkat on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
get in touch with a advocacy company like M.I.N.D. If you do it quickly they should be able to get someone to attend with you. They did with me though it is some years ago if they have enough notice they usually can

More
13 years 4 months ago #38322 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
Hi Tom

Although I would encourage anyone to appeal a wrong decision, for some people the ordeal of the hearing, the worry leading up to the hearing, and even the stress of the appeal itself, may be too much and cause a deterioration in health.

Ultimately, the individual has to decide.

Regards

Derek

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #38323 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
tomtom1 wrote:

Hi just a quickie on this subject of DLA appeals.
A lady down the road from me was getting DLA and has been for about 8 years. In Jan of this year she had her top care allowance cut down to middle but still got her high rate mobility. Last week out of the blue and without prior warning or medical she received a letter telling her that her claim had been looked at again and her DLA stopped with immediate effect.
Have any of you had this done?.
I have told her to appeal but she is very much like Sue.
It makes my blood boil as this woman really needs to be on DLA.

Tom

Tom she might need her DLA but the lady down the road might not have given you the full picture ? even the dla people dont pull names out the hat and just stop benefits I think the leave that to the IB department) ;)

More
13 years 4 months ago #38348 by alan10one
Replied by alan10one on topic Re:DLA Appeal info please
Hi Dave, I am a little confused as to what you are saying?
Do you mean she is up to no good.
I would find that hard to believe as she is a very nice person and can hardly walk after a savere road accident over 8 years ago.
Tom

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.