× Members

Medical report or letter from GP

More
13 years 3 months ago #38670 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Medical report or letter from GP
SF

It is really important that you collect the evidence that you have mentioned, but please remember that you must relate this to the criteria of the benefits you are appealing.

This is especially important if you are appealing both the ESA and DLA claims as the criteria are very different.

Please have a look in the members section the are documents covering both ESA and DLA appeals.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pata1
13 years 3 months ago #38672 by pata1
Replied by pata1 on topic Re:Medical report or letter from GP
Hi SF,

I hope you didn't miss my post which contains good advice from a former professional Welfare Rights Officer & DLA Tribunal Member i.e. my husband Jim (Jima1).

He's not online atm due to health problems.

I typed the reply, but it was Jim who told me what to write, as I'm not a qualified WRO, just a wife/carer who happened to attend all training courses and appeals as Jim's carer.

Best of luck :kiss:

Pat

• SF
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38823 by SF
Replied by SF on topic Re:Medical report or letter from GP
Thanks, Jeff. We have requested his surgery for the medical record. They said give them a call in a week and pick up with a £50 cheque. :)

• SF
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38824 by SF
Hi Jeff, we will talk to the hospital once my husband has the full body scan as the pain clinic suggested. Thank you.

• SF
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38829 by SF
Thanks Dave, we will. We just got a report from the pain clinic which back up our story, great.

• SF
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #38830 by SF
Hi Gordon, thanks for the advice. I noticed that ESA & DLA are very different, but DLA actually used the medical assessment report from ESA to make the decision. It does make you wonder. I am a member of benefits and work, it does help a lot, good stuff. I am very surprised how helpful and nice the people in the forum, give me a lot useful advice, thank you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.