× Members

Delay in new ESA claim

More
13 years 4 months ago #38883 by lochlisa
Delay in new ESA claim was created by lochlisa
hello everyone,

as you may remember I reapplied for ESA on 12th November which was 6 months and 1 day after the DM's previous decision based on an ATOS medical.

I detailed my condition and the deterioration and sent GP's supporting letter, carer's supporting letter and GP's 'unfit for work' certificate.

I have heard nothing from them. Is it about time to shout for payment as I believe they must honour the ESA until a new medical is carried out, should they ask for one?

Thank you for any help as I have had zero income for too long now.

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #38892 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Delay in new ESA claim
Hi Lisa

You need to phone JCP and ask how your claim is processing, and when you can expect payments.

If you find you do not have any money to live on, you should be able to apply for a Crisis Loan, which will be paid back by reductions in ESA payments. You should of course receive a back payment of ESA so you will not be any worse off.

Best wishes

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.