× Members

no esa 2mths !! please help

• kmr
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #39448 by kmr
no esa 2mths !! please help was created by kmr
Hi, i made a new claim for ESA as i am appealing the last claim. i havent had no money for 2 mths now !!i managed to get through to them (finally) they said that i have to go to a WCA and until then i will recieve no money, i have had no appoinment sent yet, ESA said to call ATOS to find out about appionment.I have tryed to apply for a crisis loan but i am unable to get to the JC+ office to collect it and have no one to collect it for me, i have spoke to ATOS they said that my claim is at the Questionare stage (which i have not recieved yet)they said that they will not give me any money till i have had done the questionaire and a WCA what am i sopose to do??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #39468 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:no esa 2mths !! please help
As you are appealing the original ESA adverse decision, you are entitled to be paid at the assessment rate pending the outcome of your appeal.

The only requirement on your part is to obtain sick notes from your GP, until such time as your appeal is decided. Your subsequent claim for ESA bears no relation to your original claim and should be processed in the normal way.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• kmr
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #39487 by kmr
Replied by kmr on topic Re:no esa 2mths !! please help
Hi crazydiamond, thanks for responding, i dont understand why they are doing this to me, i have sent them sicknotes the last one was for 1 Oct 10 to 13 Dec 10 which they said they have recieved last Wednesday(a week ago), my daughter spoke to them on my behalf and they said that they will put an ESA questionaire in the post today, and asked for an explaination as to why they have suspended my money? the lady from ESA told my daughter she will try to sort me out some money but she cant promise anything, and the reason why they have not give me any money is because i have to go to a WCA even though they have two recent letters from two doctors that explain that due to physical and mental problems i am unable to travel.

More
13 years 3 months ago #39495 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:no esa 2mths !! please help
The problem for yourself and indeed many others, is that DWP officers haven't a clue what they are supposed to be doing about the administration of ESA.

I wouldn't necessarily blame the staff however, because in the government's quest to have ESA up and running at the earliest possible time, they have forgot a fundamental principle with regard to the administration of the allowance, and that is the need for thorough staff training which no longer exists within the DWP these days, hence the unacceptable amount of official errors.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• kmr
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #39510 by kmr
what am i sopose to do? if it was not for my daughter and my son i would literly be staving,sitting in the dark and cold because of no gas and electric, no phone and no water!!god knows even if DWP are paying my rent and council tax to the council? i dread the postman with more bills that i cant pay or even call them to ask. I am unable to travel due to physical, mental problems and medication caused by being in 3 car accidents in 1 yr !! which were not my fault and the other drivers admitted full responsiblity, DWP know this and when i recieve a payout from the insurance claims i will have to pay them back anyway !! who do i speak to get this sorted out??
surely something can be done ??
do i have to threaten to go to the national papers with this??

• kmr
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 months ago #39567 by kmr
HI, ESA processer called to say that my payments have been stopped because i have made a new claim for ESA in 6mths with the same condition and unless i get a doctors letter(and sicknote)stating that my condition has got worse then i shall still recieve no money until the questionaire and if from that they decide if i am well enough to do a WCA Appiontment.
I am getting a phone call from a doctor this afternoon hopefully she will be able to help me.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.