× Members

DLA Tribunal Madness!

• Marie72
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44967 by Marie72
Replied by Marie72 on topic Re:DLA Tribunal Madness!
Hello all,

I just thought I would update how my tribunal went - or more specifically how it didn't go! It was scheduled for the 21st December - I changed my travel arrangements for the Christmas period.... then I got a phonecall from the tribunal service at 11am on the 21st December "We are just calling you to let you know that your case cannot be heard today as due to the heavy snow, the doctor and the judge cannot get to the tribunal office" :woohoo:

So they gave me a new date 4th February 2011....unbelievably I was due to be out of Bristol on this day, so had to cancel travel arrangements yet again.

My tribunal is next Friday. My representative suggests that I take my son with me also. Is this compulsary? Of course my rep won't be able to attend with me as he is 'too busy'.

Would be grateful for any advice, I don't want to put my child through this if it isn't absoulutley necessary.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44971 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DLA Tribunal Madness!
Hi Marie

No, it is not compulsory. In fact I know of one member who was advised by the tribunal clerk that it would not be necessary to take her (ten-year-old) son to the tribunal. If you feel that a tribunal hearing would be too stressful for him, I think the tribunal would have to put his best interests first and allow you to give evidence, but you can always phone to confirm that.

Good luck

Derek

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #45015 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA Tribunal Madness!
Marie72

I seem to remember that this is an appeal for your claim.

I would recommend you find someone to go with you as a Companion, if for no other reason than moral support. Whilst the Tribunals can be quite informal, I am sure they would intimidate the best of us, were we on our own.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.