× Members

ESA reconsidered and awarded !!

More
13 years 4 months ago #39836 by lochlisa
ESA reconsidered and awarded !! was created by lochlisa
great news everyone.

after being declined ESA based on ATOS report the DWP have reinstated it on a reconsideration after the supporting letters from my GP and carer.

I cannot believe it as this has been battled since 17 October but now I have a positive outcome.

The next step now is to use the award of ESA in my DLA tribunal as the DLA DM based their decision on the old ATOS report and ignored my carer's and GP's submission and my deterioration in medical condition.

Is there anything else I should do now, apart from a large cuppa to celebrate?

thank you for everything !

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 months ago #39837 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA reconsidered and awarded !!
Hi Lisa, that's fantastic news!!

Good luck with the DLA claim now.

Best wishes,
Rachel :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #39839 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA reconsidered and awarded !!
Hi Lisa

Congratulations, I'm pleased to hear you had a successful ESA award.

If you feel your ESA85 supports your claim for DLA in any way, I would suggest you submit it so that it will be in your DLA appeal papers.

Best wishes

Derek

More
13 years 4 months ago #39842 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ESA reconsidered and awarded !!
the ESA85 is the ATOS form??

• pete17971
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #39843 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:ESA reconsidered and awarded !!
lochlisa wrote:

great news everyone.

after being declined ESA based on ATOS report the DWP have reinstated it on a reconsideration after the supporting letters from my GP and carer.

I cannot believe it as this has been battled since 17 October but now I have a positive outcome.

The next step now is to use the award of ESA in my DLA tribunal as the DLA DM based their decision on the old ATOS report and ignored my carer's and GP's submission and my deterioration in medical condition.

Lisa

Hi,

Its nice to hear some good news on the forum today. Well done, enjoy the large cuppa.

Be aware though that the medical for ESA is different to the one for DLA, as the benefits are paid for differing reasons. Although there maybe some overlap areas, in general it still maynot lead to an award of DLA but nothing maybe lost in including it.

Incidentally have you been put into the Work Related or Support ESA Group?

Pete
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by pete17971.

• originaldave
13 years 4 months ago #39846 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ESA reconsidered and awarded !!
lochlisa wrote:

great news everyone.

Lisa

Well done.........

I dont think the fact your worse now can be used at your DLA tribunal I think they will only look at how you where then, someone clever will be along to tell you if I am wrong on that point. :)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.