× Members

Dla tribunal papers arrived

More
13 years 4 months ago #40201 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Dla tribunal papers arrived
Jox

The difference bewteen the Decision Maker(DWP) and the tribunal, is that the DM is a biased party. As Pete said in his post earlier, the DM, whilst they should review all of the information is entititled to place more emphasis on certain evidence than other.

The Tribunal has no bias and therefore assesses all evidence on its merits. So if they are presented with two medical reports, one 18 months older than the other, they should choose the latter because it is more relevant.

Hope this explains it better.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 months ago #40204 by Jox
Replied by Jox on topic Re:Dla tribunal papers arrived
Thanks gorden, i guess this whole thing has made me a little paranoid, The fact they will use the old evidence over the new which is clearly more relevent tells me they have a diffrent objective and share diffrent morals to myself. It feels unfair but hey i guess we can only try are best and fight, thanks once again for all the information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.