× Members

DLA change in circumstances

More
13 years 2 months ago #44552 by IT2Go4IT
Replied by IT2Go4IT on topic Re:DLA change in circumstances
I am going to fill in all the forms. A lot of stress considering all I was asking was to stop the mobility component but that's what happens I guess. I shall be very cross if I subsequently loose my high rate care component as my needs in this area have increased in order to get me to and from work and to be at work. An achievement I am very proud of considering all aspects of my disability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44554 by IT2Go4IT
One further issue is that I am unable to hand write the 3 documents DLA434 Sect 1, DLA434 Sect 2 and DLA Sect 2A. These are not available to be completed electronically so I have to scan each page onto the computer and using a special form filling software program complete using the keyboard and then print.

• Survivor
13 years 2 months ago #44558 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:DLA change in circumstances
When I filled in my last DLA form, I put the answers to all the question in a separate word-processed appendix, making sure that I numbered my answers clearly. I got my DLA, so it evidently wasn't a problem that the answers weren't on the form.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44561 by IT2Go4IT
Good idea. I have scanned them all now so will stick with the software. Now how long is it going to take me this time !

• originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #44638 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA change in circumstances
IT2Go4IT wrote:

I am going to fill in all the forms. A lot of stress considering all I was asking was to stop the mobility component but that's what happens I guess. I shall be very cross if I subsequently loose my high rate care component as my needs in this area have increased in order to get me to and from work and to be at work. An achievement I am very proud of considering all aspects of my disability.

If you do a search you will find a few recent posts by myself and a few others who have all just done what you are doing ... we all got care added with no loss of mobility from all the advice I got the main thing apart from explaining your care needs is to make sure nothing you put in anyway could bring into question your mobility claim. if it does then they will look at it again and might ask drs for info on your mobility needs. my mobility needs are so differnt than my care needs I had no problems with giving the information needed and its very rare to get dla taken off you on this type of review 3% of over 160,000 claims last year

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.