× Members

ESA Payment

• wordy
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44182 by wordy
ESA Payment was created by wordy
Today I received a letter from the DWP stating that from 11th April there will be changes to my ESA rates. I presume this is to inform me of the increase of ESA. It also states that I can appeal against the decision if I feel it is wrong.
My question: Do the DWP send out this or a similar letter to everyone on benefits every year informing us of the new rates.
Many Thanks wordy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44186 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA Payment
wordy

I got mine today as well, four pages, when only 1 line was relevant.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 2 months ago #44188 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:ESA Payment
Hi Wordy

It's standard practice, there may even be a requirement, for the DWP to inform you of your right to appeal whenever a decision is made. This includes something as simple as informing you that your ESA rate is increasing or that you receive a cold weather payment.

I receive a letter informing me of the new rates so I presume they are sent to everybody.

Regards

Derek

• wordy
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44191 by wordy
Replied by wordy on topic Re:ESA Payment
Many thanks Gordon and D.Derek for your quick replies, I also got 4 pages!
wordy

More
13 years 2 months ago #44198 by Iamawindsurfer
Replied by Iamawindsurfer on topic Re:ESA Payment
Me too! :blink:

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 month ago #49068 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:ESA Payment
I got my letter today about the rise in ESA rates from 11th April (my son is getting good at opening my letters)!

It is still assessment rate, so they obviously hadn't updated my claim when the computer spewed it out.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.