Medical Services
North Fylde Central Office
Norcross
Block 3 Room 306
Blackpool
FY5 3TA
Our phone number 01253 611537
Our fax number 01253 333807
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Date: 29/09/09
Our Ref: FOI 1104-1964

Dear Mr D

Thank you for your Freedom of Information request dated 27 January 2011 that was received for me to respond to in my role as Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Commercial Management of Medical Services Freedom of Information Officer.

You asked for:-

1. The current situation on having DWP/ATOS medicals recorded (you were the first person to have your medical recorded)
2. Information as to what someone can / cannot do with their copy of the tape, If the ATOS doctor will be identified (in your case he was not), also will LIMA be used in a recorded medical (your medical did not use LIMA)

You can therefore expect a reply by 24/02/2011 unless I need to come back to you to clarify your request or the balance of the public interest test needs to be considered.

If you have any queries about this letter please contact me quoting the reference number above.

Yours sincerely

James Fay
Freedom of Information Officer

Your right to complain under the Freedom of Information Act

If you are not happy with this response you may request an internal review by e-mailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. or by writing to DWP, Central FoI Team, 5th Floor The Adelphi, 1-11, John Adam Street, London WC2N 6HT. Any review request should be submitted within two months of the date of this letter.

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office for a decision. Generally the Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted our own complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF www.ico.gov.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.