× Members

Lost appeal

• nona666
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #44977 by nona666
Lost appeal was created by nona666
Hi,attended Appeal Tribunal Hearing by myself,without representation,and had my appeal 'disallowed',on all counts.What should I do now? Should I re-apply immediately,or leave it a few months,or leave it entirely?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #44978 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re: Lost appeal
Hi Nona

Sorry to hear about your appeal result.

Can you tell us what benefit it was in relation to and the date of the DWP decision to stop it.

Derek

• nona666
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #45012 by nona666
Replied by nona666 on topic Re: Lost appeal
Hi Derek,The benefit was DLA.It was my first claim,made on 21st July 2010,and it was refused by DWP on 23rd August 2010.The appeal was heard on 24th January 2011. Got the letter from Appeals Tribunal today(27th Jan).

More
13 years 2 months ago #45017 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Lost appeal
Hi nona666

Unfortunately I can't advise on DLA, but I believe you can make another claim. Hopefully another mod will advise you.

If you disagree with the tribunal's decision, you might want to consider applying for a full statement of reasons; you should have received a letter with the decision notice informing you of how to do this. If you do not consider the tribunal's reasons to be adequate or feel that they have not properly considered the evidence, you can get advice from a welfare rights officer with regards to challenging the decision.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Derek

• originaldave
13 years 2 months ago #45031 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re: Lost appeal
nona666 wrote:

Hi Derek,The benefit was DLA.It was my first claim,made on 21st July 2010,and it was refused by DWP on 23rd August 2010.The appeal was heard on 24th January 2011. Got the letter from Appeals Tribunal today(27th Jan).

bad news but dont give up many people here have had long fights to get there benefits

are you getting ESA or IB ? did you have letters from your drs and gave them the names of drs or nurses that help you or see at hospital ? what where you after both parts or had you asked with one part in mind ?

More
13 years 2 months ago #45045 by Blanco
Replied by Blanco on topic Re:Lost appeal
Is it possible to appeal indefinately against an ESA decision and continue to recieve the assessment rate?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.