× Members

Help Please

More
13 years 1 month ago #46079 by treanor
Help Please was created by treanor
Hi
My IB review medical is due in June, I'll be 62 then will I be put on to the ESA benefit or will the benefit be withdrawn.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #46104 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Help Please
treanor

If you have already retired then you will exempt from the transfer and will continue to receive IB.

If you haven't retired, I calculate that you should in 2014, then you may not be transferred.

People who reach retirement age before the end of the transfer should be exempted, however, your birthday is borderline and it is not clear at this time how aggressively the DWP will apply the rule.

Sorry I can't be clearer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

More
13 years 1 month ago #46123 by treanor
Replied by treanor on topic Re:Help Please
Hi Gordan
Thanks for your reply, I had have been on IB from 2003, I would now count myself retired, how would they look at it, I also recieve DLA. Thanks

More
13 years 1 month ago #46134 by Gordon
treanor

Bad phraseology on my part, trying not to offend :)

for retired, read of pensionable age i.e. in receipt of State Pension.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 1 month ago #46138 by treanor
Replied by treanor on topic Re:Help Please
Hi Gordan
No offence taking, is there somewhere on this site were i can look this up?, and thanks very much for all your help.

More
13 years 1 month ago #46149 by Gordon
treanor

Apologies in advance, I can't figure out from your name whether you are a man or a woman. If the latter then you will have already reached your retirement age and therefore will not be transferred.

If you are a man, then I calculate that you will retire in June 2014, this is three months after the IB Transfer is scheduled to finish and outside of the period where claimants will be exempted.

There is more info on the following site.

www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate.htm

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.