× Members

Incapacity to ESA

• Malcolm Fisher
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #46199 by Malcolm Fisher
Incapacity to ESA was created by Malcolm Fisher
Hello All

I am on IB at the moment, having passed an Atos examination. Ive been following the news here, and it seems to me that they want to get us off IB and on to jobseekers just in order to save millions.

We at this house would be financially worse off. I have heart disease, need a hip replacement, and have arthritis and astma. I am 52, with no trade or qualifications as I lost my HGV license.

What job do they think I will be able to do? Or is it in fact just a fiddle? I read the latest post on ilnesses and the percentage that got onto support, or wrag, I never saw heart disease mentioned, does it not count?

Malc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46205 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:Incapacity to ESA
Hi Malcolm

I doubt the statistics would list every possible illness as there are too many, but the test is based on the adverse effect of your condition rather than the condition itself. The news article just highlights how some illnesses appear to be better covered by the test than others.

By the way, as this is a public forum, you might want to reconsider whether you want your full name (if it is your full name) to be displayed as your forum name.

If not, you can change it by emailing

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.