× Members

URGENT Taking supporting letters to medicle?

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #46244 by Jox
I have an esa medicle later today, i was wondering if taking supporting letters/reports from my gp and other consultant to the medicle will have any benifit?, when i recived the esa50 it said not to send any evidence back with the form so i assumed it would all be down to the atos medicle but having read this site it seems you can send your own evidence, am i too late to send any of my own evidence can i take it to my medicel?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 2 months ago #46251 by Survivor
You've nothing to lose by taking supporting letters/reports with you to the medical. There's no guarantee that the health care practitioner will read them but I've heard of cases where they have read evidence a claimant has brought with them.

More
13 years 2 months ago #46255 by micksville
Replied by micksville on topic Re: URGENT Taking supporting letters to medicle?
Although I aam not yet on ESA I filled in the IB50 renewal last year and it says the same on there. I always ignore this and send letters and evidence both to the DWP decision maker and to ATOS regardless. That way if they look to have not taken my information into account and I get a wrong decision i can point out at appeal that i sent all the relevant evidence to the tribunal. I always send it recorded delivery too. My understyanding is that the DWP and ATOS have to take all the info they have into account

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #46258 by Jox
ok i will take them along anyway, i havent been nervous all week until today, my appoinment is at 3.30 im starting to feel anxious now.Tbh i dont think i have much to worry about its just going by my last esa medicle 2 years ago how they seemed to twist and things and add things i didnt say into the report im worried the same is going to happen today,as i result im going in feeling angry and determined not to let them try anything of the sort again.

Oh and would it still be worth sending theese letters to my local office, or isit to late to have them used in the decision? i didnt realise you could send your own evidence for esa claims other wise i would have sent them at the start.

• Survivor
13 years 2 months ago #46259 by Survivor
They can't stop you sending them to the decision maker, who then has to take them into account.

• Jox
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 months ago #46260 by Jox
how do i send them to the decision maker exatcly? it says send to local office but im not evern sure where that is as i started my claim over the phone, i assume its my local job center? who would i adresse the letter to specificaly?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.