× Members

how much longer?

More
13 years 2 months ago #48300 by christine
how much longer? was created by christine
My 26yr old daughter attended an Incapacity Medical last Oct 2010, for severe depression, she was refused, we appealled, the date for the hearing is June this year! It took DWP 3 weeks to tell her she could claim ESA but first she would need to attend another medical by the same people who saw her fit for work. She attended that medical 3weeks ago, now DWP are saying the report from atos is very vague and they have returned it to atos for a more clearer report. My daughter is also epileptic and has begun having mini seizures and am sure this is down to the worry DWP is putting her through, when will it end, she said she would be better off not being here. I am so shocked at the treatment she has undergone :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #48306 by Blanco
Replied by Blanco on topic Re:how much longer?
Hi Christine,

Sorry to hear about your Daughter. I found myself in a very similar position. Did she take someone with her to the medical? Has your Daughter mentioned the effect it is having on her to her GP? Perhaps he could write a letter in support.

More
13 years 2 months ago #48733 by christine
Replied by christine on topic Re:how much longer?
I was at her medical and most of the answers she gave or myself were the opposite of what was answered. Her GP offered straight away to write a letter and on Saturday we recieved a letter stating that the GP`s opinion is unqualified!! I wonder how qualified the nurse was who done the medical.....

More
13 years 1 month ago #50458 by christine
Replied by christine on topic Re:how much longer?
:( it took one month for dwp to decide my daughter had lost her appeal, she got zero points!!! she is distraught.. the stress of all this has brought on her seizures again, we are appealling this decision again. I called Atos and told them I would like to record the next medical and I have been told that this must be done with a professional and two copy`s must be done at the same time, I said that am sure that was not needed now but the lady said that decision was overturned is this right? for anyone else claiming on the grounds for mental health atos want reports from psychiatrists, anyone in the mental health but your GP`s is unqualified to make a report.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.