× Members

Care neends are considerably worse.

More
13 years 1 month ago #48989 by skyblue4u
Care neends are considerably worse. was created by skyblue4u
Do you have to go about the whole form again including the mobility component or can you just apply for a reassesment of the care needs of his particular case.
His care needs have changed substantially over last 6 months and is receiveing more care from CPN befreinders & Mind and generally more care from father during the day and wife during the night.He has self harmed twice in past few months and is now very depressed and Medical team considering admission to mental health ward. Currently on high rate motability and low rate care. Is it the Dla we contact regards this as?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #49042 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Care neends are considerably worse.
The form required for a review (neutral word) to increase both the mobility and care components, will either be a DLA434 or a DLA580.

If my memory serves me correctly, as I haven't seen these forms for a long time, there are two parts these being the mobility and care sections. If an increase in the care component is being requested, there is no need to complete the section relating to mobility. Indeed, to do so may result in the pre-existing mobility component being looked at again.

In order to apply for the care component to be increased, a written notification should be sent to the DLA Unit at Blackpool. The postal address is:-

Disability Living Allowance
Warbreck House
Warbreck Hill Road
Blackpool
FY2 OYE

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.