× Members

advice dla

• freddie titmus
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49853 by freddie titmus
advice dla was created by freddie titmus
I have been claiming dla for many years at the lower rate. I am going to claim a higher rate due to a change in circumstances - I have been diagnosed as having a moderate learning disability with associated moderate to severe cognitive problems, my current claim is for a lifelong physical disability. I would be grateful for advice on the following:

(1) Do people already on dla need a special form when applying for a higher rate?
(2) Does Benefits and Work provide a guide to filling in the form?

Also any general advice regarding my claim would be more than welcome. I look forward to any replies chuikov

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #49883 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: advice dla
The same form is used for lower and higher rate. You may find that if you notify a change of circumstances, they will do it without you having to fill long forms in, but they may send you a full form to fill in from scratch.

The guidance on filling in DLA forms is in the Help for claimants section (in the orange box).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.