Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
Members
  • Page:

TOPIC: WILL I GET ESA ?

Re:WILL I GET ESA ? 8 years 8 months ago #50941

Margaret

I don't think you have read my post fully.

The government have waived the assessment rate ONLY for the period up to when a Decision is made.

If the Decision is in your favour, then you will receive the appropriate rate for ESA (potentially adjusted to take into account your existing IB rate).

If the Decision is against you, then you will receive no further payments with regard to your IB/ESA claim.

If you then appeal the Decision you will receive the ESA Assessment rate until your case is heard.

Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Re:WILL I GET ESA ? 8 years 8 months ago #50942

Thank you so much Gordon for explaining that, its all so confusing.

Re:WILL I GET ESA ? 8 years 8 months ago #51635

I understand (thank you Gordon) that I continue to receive IB until a decision re ESA is made.If it is decided that I am fit for work & I appeal what happens?. Will I get the ESA assessment rate or will I have to apply for JSA?

Re:WILL I GET ESA ? 8 years 8 months ago #51636

I do beg your pardon, my Q has already been answered

• Page:
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS