× Members

income support with disability

• jasmine
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49966 by jasmine
income support with disability was created by jasmine
All talk is on incapacity. What about inc ome support with disability, friend told me that our locaal cmht told her she would be ok, she is bipolar and that as she is on income support she would be one of the last to be assessed in fact dwp would not touch her. She got told that everyone on incapacity would be reasseed first. She was due to have a back to work interview last year and she was not able to attend. I did post this and did not see it on the forum. It seems like everyone on ncome support is safe at least that is what my firned thingks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #49969 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:income support with disability
jasmine

I am sorry but people receiving Income Support because of sickness will also be transferred, probably based on their next assessment date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• jasmine
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #49971 by jasmine
Replied by jasmine on topic Re: income support with disability
I know lots of people on income support who have neve r been assessed in years. What happens if they have no review date like incapacity?

More
13 years 1 month ago #49972 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:income support with disability
jasmine

Just to re-iterate, those on Income Support because of illness, as opposed to any other reason e.g. being a carer, will be transferred.

If they do not have a re-assessment date, then it is anyones gues when they might ge transferred.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.