× Members

Medication and Medical

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49981 by midnighter
Medication and Medical was created by midnighter
Something things spring to mind.
Firstly I 'got' early retirement from teaching due to the conditions I have and more importantly the medication I was on and given that there is a wealth of health and Safety legislation surely it must be illegal for someone to work who is taking a cocktail of opiates.
Secondly: it maybe that disabled people need to grind this system to a halt by either not attending medicals due to illness or effects of medication, and demanding home visits. Illness aside we should not let our rights to eroded . If we don't stand up for ourselves no one will. We need to make this an issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49984 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Medication and Medical
nftthomas

Your user id looks very much like an email address, you should seriously consider changing it as these forums are not restricted to Members.

You can do this by emailing

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Regards

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
13 years 3 weeks ago #49985 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:Medication and Medical
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. wrote:

Something things spring to mind.
Firstly I 'got' early retirement from teaching due to the conditions I have and more importantly the medication I was on and given that there is a wealth of health and Safety legislation surely it must be illegal for someone to work who is taking a cocktail of opiates.
Secondly: it maybe that disabled people need to grind this system to a halt by either not attending medicals due to illness or effects of medication, and demanding home visits. Illness aside we should not let our rights to eroded . If we don't stand up for ourselves no one will. We need to make this an issue.

all medication has side affects and some people are effected worse by none opiates ... regardless of the medication if you feel its not safe to go out because of what you take .. then its up to you to take steps your not put at risk by going out

its not illegal to work or operate a machine if taking drugs, its only illegal to do it if your affected .. the docs will sit on the fence and say its up to you :) as per the bottle :)

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49989 by midnighter
Replied by midnighter on topic Re:Medication and Medical
Agreed Yes.But my point was that you can't climb round the effects of medication with. say for example., a tick box and I defy anyone not to be affected by opiates particularly since your dsoctor will prescribe according to your pain threshold, height weight size etc

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #49991 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Medication and Medical
Empolyees often forget that they too have responsibilities regarding Health and Safety rules. See

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/HealthAn...etyAtWork/DG_4016683

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• youngsteptoe
13 years 3 weeks ago #50019 by youngsteptoe
Replied by youngsteptoe on topic Re:Medication and Medical
hi.midnighter.

when i went along to my atos medical.i brought with
me lorazepam tablets and temazepam tablets.both of
which i have been taking for over twenty years at a
high dose.the h.c.p looked at these shook his head.
when my results came through 3 weeks later the h.c.p stated that i have no sign of drug use? and
that there are no reported side effects with strong
tranquilizers and sleeping pills.still awaiting tribunal.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.