× Members

12 limitation on contribution-based ESA

• alwill09
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #50077 by alwill09
12 limitation on contribution-based ESA was created by alwill09
Am I correct in beleieving that those people placed in the support group for ESA will not be subject to the one year rule regarding contribution-based ESA.( I.E after 12 months they will not be means tested and will not have to apply for income-based ESA)?
PS Just renewed my annual subscription and I must offer a big hats off to the team at Ben&Work, it really is an excellent site
almost as enjoyable as reading The Daily Mail!!!!!
Thanks,
Alwil09

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #50093 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:12 limitation on contribution-based ESA
alwill09 wrote:

Am I correct in beleieving that those people placed in the support group for ESA will not be subject to the one year rule regarding contribution-based ESA.( I.E after 12 months they will not be means tested and will not have to apply for income-based ESA)?

Yes, providing the legislation is not changed before being enacted, which seems unlikely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon. Reason: added text

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #50100 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:12 limitation on contribution-based ESA
Do you know If any charities, or hell anyone has tried to push to have this changed? I mean we all know on here it will mean tones of folks who have low paid working partners getting their benefit disallowed.

It's going to mean untold poverty for thousands in the future.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.