× Members

ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'

More
13 years 1 month ago #50193 by lochlisa
ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed' was created by lochlisa
Well, its just been confirmed that I do not need to attend an ESA medical now and that I will receive a call for a home visit medical.

Thats what I was told so I just hope that is how it pans out after hearing the tales from others.

I am also waiting on the decision on my claim for Care component of DLA as well.

Without this forum I would have been lost so thank you again to everyone.

Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #50196 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'
lochlisa wrote:

Well, its just been confirmed that I do not need to attend an ESA medical now and that I will receive a call for a home visit medical.

Thats what I was told so I just hope that is how it pans out after hearing the tales from others.

I am also waiting on the decision on my claim for Care component of DLA as well.

Without this forum I would have been lost so thank you again to everyone.

Lisa

cool thats good news ... what you need to do now is to hire a hospital bed from the red cross and life support equipment too :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #50198 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'
do I need to hire them so that the visiting 'rep' realises the true extent of my problems or do you reckon they will still fail to see them even if they were here?

:)

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #50200 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'
I'm sorry, but I feel I should point out that ESA is awarded purely according to whether you meet certain descriptors or not. Being on your death bed relying on a life support machine does not, of itself, qualify you for the benefit. I would give you our standard advice to read our guide to ESA, but if all that you have to show that you are not fit for work is the need for a hospital bed and life support equipment, then I would advise you to read our guide to appeals.

If however, you are successful in getting into the WRAG, you may find the WFIs helpful in finding a job as a door stop or some similar occupation involving no ability to function whatsoever.

This does not constitute official B&W advice.

• originaldave
13 years 1 month ago #50201 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'
lochlisa wrote:

do I need to hire them so that the visiting 'rep' realises the true extent of my problems or do you reckon they will still fail to see them even if they were here?

:)

I am not sure of the ethics of doing it, but if it gets across how sick you are, and you never know you might find it helps hospital type beds are built like they are for a reason easy to clean, easy to get out of can be raised to make sitting there watching tv (50 INCH FLAT SCREEN OIF COURSE ;) ) or eatting at a pull in table easier they cost from £400 to buy

they dont have to look like a hospital bed :silly: a company called betterlife health care does a nice looking one for £500 ...of course dla could be used to buy one

More
13 years 1 month ago #50203 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:ATOS have listened? 'fingers crossed'
I think Dave was being 'tongue in cheek' (he will correct me if I am wrong).

I score, at least, 45 in the descriptors but the score ATOS give me will be vastly different as we all know.

Lisa

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.