× Members

Appeal Decision

More
13 years 1 month ago #51090 by mistake
Appeal Decision was created by mistake
Hi
I would be grateful if anyone could help me with the answer to this question.

At renewal in Oct last year my DLA was reduced from full mobility to none and from mid care to low. I asked for an appeal as I didn’t feel the decision was correct. The appeal was looked at but I received notification in December that the decision had stayed the same. I then asked for a tribunal hearing and sent off all paperwork to support the hearing, along with new medical evidence from my consultant and doctor.

I was told over the phone that, due to new medical evidence being received it was policy to look at the case again, before passing to the Tribunal for a hearing. This was on 16th Jan and as I have had no letters or anything since, I have just telephoned them to see what is happening.

The lady who answered the phone was nice, she asked what allowance I got at present and when I said low care, she asked if I was getting any mobility award (something they have never asked during other calls). I said no and she said she couldn’t really understand the notes on the computer and would have to go through to another section. Some man came back on the phone presumably from that section and said it had been looked at again, the decision remained the same and it had been passed back for a tribunal hearing. I have received no notification of that decision.

I thought when a case is looked at again I should receive the decision in writing, along with details of how the decision was reached.

If anyone knows the answer to this any comments please, would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kathy1
13 years 1 month ago #51094 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re: Appeal Decision
Hi Sheils,

You will probably get your information via the Tribunal service. If you havnt yet received your tribunal bundle it will be in that. If you have already received this then the appeal service must send you any further information they receive in relation to your claim.

It dosnt surprise me that the DWP did not reply to you direct which you would expect, but that how they do things.

Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.