× Members

help/advice with looking at a claim again

• chelsea1cakes
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #51604 by chelsea1cakes
help/advice with looking at a claim again was created by chelsea1cakes
hi
i'm new here and would like some advice please. i suffer with fibromyalgia/arthritis in both knees and back/dehydrated discs in lower back and depression.
I was awarded low rate care 2 years ago and no mobility.
things have changed and i struggle to walk everyday to the extent that now i won't go out on my own. i am in servere discomfort after only walking a few steps from my house. The last time i went out to my mums which would normally be a 5min walk it took me 15mins and on the way back i had a panic attack as i had no one with me and nowhere that i could stop i was a complete mess band rest y the time i got home.

Anyway when i phoned for a form i was told that they will look at the whole claim again and i could either lose what i have or stay the same or get more. The form is in 3 parts and says only fill in which part you want looking at again!
so what do i do? i am so scared i'm going to lose what i have but i am so frustrated being stuck indoors because of the pain.
TIA
sue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51609 by Derek4
Hi chelsea1cakes

I'm afraid asking to be reassessed because your condition has deteriorated will always be to some extent a gamble, because as you say, it's possible to lose your existing award.

That said, I certainly would not put you off claiming the benefit that you are entitled too. I would recommend seeking face-to-face advice from a welfare rights advisor who can look at the documentation for your claim, as well as any medical evidence you can obtain to support your claim. There's a guide to getting advice here .

Good luck

Derek

• chelsea1cakes
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #51611 by chelsea1cakes
Replied by chelsea1cakes on topic Re:help/advice with looking at a claim again
thanks derek

• originaldave
13 years 1 week ago #51612 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:help/advice with looking at a claim again
chelsea1cakes wrote:

hi
i'm new here and would like some advice please. i suffer with fibromyalgia/arthritis in both knees and back/dehydrated discs in lower back and depression.
I was awarded low rate care 2 years ago and no mobility.
things have changed and i struggle to walk everyday to the extent that now i won't go out on my own. i am in servere discomfort after only walking a few steps from my house. The last time i went out to my mums which would normally be a 5min walk it took me 15mins and on the way back i had a panic attack as i had no one with me and nowhere that i could stop i was a complete mess band rest y the time i got home.

Anyway when i phoned for a form i was told that they will look at the whole claim again and i could either lose what i have or stay the same or get more. The form is in 3 parts and says only fill in which part you want looking at again!
so what do i do? i am so scared i'm going to lose what i have but i am so frustrated being stuck indoors because of the pain.
TIA
sue

myself and a few others from here asked after giving it much thought to be looked at again, and we did ok

I would have asked earlier if I had known that out of over 180,000 requests less than 3% lost out

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.