× Members

pension

• rappa
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #51711 by rappa
pension was created by rappa
if on wrag esa cb based do you still have to declare a pension under £85 is it best to anyway! i think the disregard does make you overlook if its so!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RachelPotter
13 years 1 month ago #51719 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:pension
Hi rappa

Bearing in mind you are supposed to declare any money you have, even if it's under your matress! it's probably best to declare it.

Best wishes,
Rachel

More
13 years 1 month ago #51725 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic Re:pension
Yes any kind of pension should be declared however small, but once again let me say I don't think you have to declare what your savings are when you're on CB based benefits, I certainly don't remember having to give that info in when I fist started claiming many years back.

Have things changed since then?

• Survivor
13 years 1 month ago #51747 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:pension
No, you don't have to declare your savings if you're on ESA(CB) but you should declare any pension whichever sort of ESA you're on.

• waltwhitman
13 years 1 month ago #51755 by waltwhitman
Replied by waltwhitman on topic Re:pension
You can only have ESA (CB) for a year and then you move to ESA (I) and your savings have to be declared - I think you can have £6,000 before reduction of benefits kicks in.

I wonder how they think we pay the mortgage, Council Tax etc ...with £85 as the cut off point. :(

walt

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.