× Members

DLA - medical supportting evidence

More
13 years 1 week ago #51717 by helen
DLA - medical supportting evidence was created by helen
I listed someone as the "professional person to contact for further evidence of your condition". However, DWP made their decision without contacting her, my GP or my consultant.

I have sent the DWP a 24 hour diary as additional evidence and requested their decision be reviewed.

Is there any way I can also force the DWP to contact any of the medical people I listed on my form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51724 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA - medical supportting evidence
Helen

Unfortunately the Decision Maker is allowed to choose what evidence they wish to reciew in order to make a Decision, this often means they do not contact GPs and Consultants for their views.

The only way around this is for you to commission the report yourself, this often costs you money, and many Doctors are hesitant to provide reports, so it is not easy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• mbell
13 years 17 hours ago #53089 by mbell
Replied by mbell on topic Re:DLA - medical supportting evidence
Hi Helen, so sorry to hear your story, what a disgrace. I was in a similar situation. I asked for a review and submitted 2 consultant reports and one from my GP. Got the decision, partially, overturned in my favour. Not easy getting the medical profession to do the reports for you but do ask. I was / am very fortunate to have very supportive docs. You must try and get their assistance and put it right in front of the DM. Good luck, Malcolm.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.