× Members

DLA Appeal

• shezlaar
  • Topic Author
13 years 1 week ago #51834 by shezlaar
DLA Appeal was created by shezlaar
Hi there!

I suffered a stroke down the right side of my body in September 2010 and
after having a reconsideration turned down, i have decided to appeal the decision tho award me low rate care and hogh reate mobility. My social work and my phisiotherapist both agree that i should be awarded high rate care.
I was wondering can either of these represent me at the appeal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 week ago #51836 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA Appeal
You can have whoever you want to represent you at an appeal, but bear in mind that the procedure is less formal and more inquisatorial than other courts, so you are likely to find the panel asking you questions directly.

• originaldave
13 years 1 week ago #51861 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA Appeal
shezlaar wrote:

Hi there!

I suffered a stroke down the right side of my body in September 2010 and
after having a reconsideration turned down, i have decided to appeal the decision tho award me low rate care and hogh reate mobility. My social work and my phisiotherapist both agree that i should be awarded high rate care.
I was wondering can either of these represent me at the appeal?

having like many spent too much time reading the a to z of medical condtions and other dwp medical stuff I agree with you the care rate is wrong.. but playings devils ad I cant see how you get higher rate ? I can see how durring tha day you would need lots of help doing most things and would easy IMO fit the bill for middle rate, but looking at DWP links they say that once in bed and tucked in you should be ok?

• Survivor
13 years 1 week ago #51864 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:DLA Appeal
Toiletting at night might be an issue.

More
13 years 1 week ago #51882 by skcollobcat10
Replied by skcollobcat10 on topic Re:DLA Appeal
Also positioning in bed with regards to preventing pressure sores. Help to turn over etc.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.