× Members

Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today

• RachelPotter
13 years 4 weeks ago #52073 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Soneedhelp, are you going to appeal?

Don't feel alone, the guides and support on this site are brilliant.

Best wishes,
Rachel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #52774 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Thanks everyone for the kind wishes. 'Soneedhelp' dont give up and I aprpeciate your feelings of despair - but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #52833 by tommo
Replied by tommo on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Well done the both of you... It's a shame your absolute horror story can't reach a wider audience just to show people what a evil lot the Government/DWP/Atos are ...

More
13 years 2 days ago #55379 by Maximus
Replied by Maximus on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Inadvertently thinking OH's decision would be support group - considering he is tbh - pretty useless for anything at the minute :( he received his DWP letter stating he is in WRAG and should expect some interviews etc. Oh my god - that was it! what a state he's in. He just wants to pack everything in, but we cant afford to do so. He's already said he wont go through any more for care/mobility which he was advised to do by Welfare rights people as he just cannot take this stress.

Can anyone shed some light as to what and how often this will happen. He did have to attend Pathways about 2 years ago when first on ESA and they (after 2 visits) told him not necessary to come back - is it the same?

Why do they not give people a single chance to get their lives back to some normality!!!????? :angry: when they may eventually be in a position to look for work? What they do now does not help one little bit and in fact ends up seriously affecting the whole family unit to different degrees - I'm getting so stressed with all the hoops and paperwork and the affect it is having on OH that I am cracking up, my lads are taking the brunt of OH's frustrations...........oh it just never seems to end.

• RachelPotter
13 years 2 days ago #55404 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Hi Maximus, unfortunately people don't get in the support group on points, they have to fulfil one of support group criteria.

Have a read through the Pathways information on this site. Hopefully your husband wont have to go through more than one and that could be done on the phone.

Unfortunately, he could receive another ESA50 at any time.

I'm sorry you are having such a horrible time.

Rachel

More
13 years 2 days ago #55418 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Wish him luck! ESA Appeal today
Maximus

You have received a standard letter, which obviously takes no account of your husbands previous interviews.

There are normally a total of six WFIs which are normally held within the first 12 months of a claim, however, the government have/are changing the rules to move them to what they expect will be the last six months of a claim.

Unless there has been a break in your husbands claim, this process does not restart because of re-assessment, so the WFIs he has already attended should count against the total.

Given that further WFIs appear to have been indefinately deferred, it would suggest that he will probably not have to attend one in the near future.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.