× Members

DLA decision

• ClaraFanelli
  • Topic Author
13 years 4 days ago #52850 by ClaraFanelli
DLA decision was created by ClaraFanelli
I have just renewed my DLA and have obtained higher rate mobility indefinitely which I am very pleased about (I had it before). My question is this: can I ask them to reconsider on the lack of care award? I think I should get lower rate care as well and have had it in the past. Can I ask the decision maker to reconsider just the care element of my claim again? Will it jeopardise my higher rate mobility award?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• originaldave
13 years 4 days ago #52851 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA decision
ClaraFanelli wrote:

I have just renewed my DLA and have obtained higher rate mobility indefinitely which I am very pleased about (I had it before). My question is this: can I ask them to reconsider on the lack of care award? I think I should get lower rate care as well and have had it in the past. Can I ask the decision maker to reconsider just the care element of my claim again? Will it jeopardise my higher rate mobility award?
Thanks

there is on last years records a 3% chance that you will end up with nothing, you need to get face to face advice for an expert in your area ... have you had the paperwork through that will tell you how they came to there decsion

• ClaraFanelli
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53325 by ClaraFanelli
Replied by ClaraFanelli on topic Re:DLA decision
I have had reasons with decision letter but expert advice from disability alliance in Paignton. Basically I could have my mobility element revised and taken away....
I cannot take risk really as I have been through two appeal tribunals in the last four years and that was an awful experience. I was granted higher rate mobility on both occasions.
This system is wrong. I cannot envisage having to go to a third appeal tribunal....
help!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.