× Members

Re support group & pension/savings

More
12 years 11 months ago #53085 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Re support group & pension/savings
skyblue

I was referring to a continuos claim for ESA once someone has been successfully transferred.

We are reasonably certain that if there is any break in the ESA claim, then the Transitional protection is lost. So as an example, an IB claimant is transferred to ESA(CB), after the one year limit, they fail the means test because of their assets, some time later they have reasonably reduced their assets and are able to re-claim ESA. This would be a second claim for ESA with no Transitional Protection.

From what I can see, the DWP have not considered the situation of a transferred claimant who after a year on ESA(CB) is in principle able to meet the means test for Income Related ESA.

There are multiple scenarios where this could occur, although the liklihood is that only a small number of claimants will be in this position. My personal view is that the Transitional Protection should continue, but my suspicion is that this may be something that is only decided after appeal to the Upper Tribunal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53091 by skyblue4u
Replied by skyblue4u on topic Re:Re support group & pension/savings
Thanks again,
But i presume its all irelevant anway if your partner worked or that they would include my ill helath pension which is well in excess of the limit. regardless of assets held in savings etc. Thank you Gordon For all Your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.