× Members

DLA Tribunal Hearing

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #53082 by Lyn
DLA Tribunal Hearing was created by Lyn
Hi - I have my DLA Tribunal next Tuesday, I have had help from CAB, but they can't come with me, I'm petrified, I wrote some answers to the questions I may be asked, is it ok to read from pre-written script? I know on the day I shall be so nervous that I'll forget what I really wanted to say!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #53093 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:DLA Tribunal Hearing
Hi Lyn

I should warn you that it is never possible to predict entirely what questions a Tribunal will ask, though obviously it will be in relation to your disability.

I would expect that you can take notes into the hearing with you to refer to, and if necessary explain that you have difficulty remembering what you want to say. But I would regard them as just notes rather than a 'pre-written script' as you never know exactly what questions you will be asked.

Alternatively you can write a short letter or statement and give it to the Clerk to the Tribunal before the hearing, so that the Tribunal will read it before the hearing starts.

Good luck

Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.