× Members

DLA and ESA

• Korky
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53099 by Korky
DLA and ESA was created by Korky
Do you have to tell contribution based ESA about claiming DLA or vice versa? :)

If you had to would you get the full amount of each HRC and HRM or would one take money off the other? :laugh:

If so how much?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53101 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA and ESA
Korky

You'd think the DWP would already know :)

If you have been asked about other benefits or income, then you need to inform them.

DLA and ESA do affect each other in terms of payments.

Gordo

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• waltwhitman
12 years 11 months ago #53102 by waltwhitman
Replied by waltwhitman on topic Re:DLA and ESA
How? I thought DLA was never counted against anything. I know it isn't taken into account for IB - surely it's not counted as income if you're on ESA. It's giving with one hand and taking away with the other which isn't unusual but this has surprised me.
Thanks
WW

More
12 years 11 months ago #53133 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA and ESA
waltwhitman wrote:

How? I thought DLA was never counted against anything. I know it isn't taken into account for IB - surely it's not counted as income if you're on ESA. It's giving with one hand and taking away with the other which isn't unusual but this has surprised me.
Thanks
WW

Walt

You haven't read my post properly!

DLA does not affect ESA payments or vice versa.

DLA is income, and needs to be disclosed if asked about it, however, since it is not means tested, it will be diregarded.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Korky
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53203 by Korky
Replied by Korky on topic Re:DLA and ESA
Gordon :woohoo:

Thanks a lot for your very knowledgeable reply I claimed ESA first then decided to try for DLA after.

That means I couldn't tell ESA about DLA until after anyway. :lol:

If I have already sent a copy of my fit for work form, my GP's phone number a copy of 3 consultants reports, 1 independant report am waiting to see a professor and will send DLA a copy of that report.

Also another copy of my consultants report when I have seen him on 27th April. Then put on a waiting list for a subtalar joint fusion which should be about 8 - 10 weeks. Then in plaster for another 12.

What do you think the chance of getting both HRC and HRM. Without having a medical or EMP coming to my house. Have had problems with my ankle for years this May and my slipped disc in my back since 19/09/99.

Also can my mum get carers allowance even though she gets her own pension and my late dad's pension. Or does my mum have to wait until I hear from DLA even though she has cared for me since 1999? I don't think it fair if she don't :( because she has been my rock and so have the people in this forum. :woohoo:

Good luck I hope everyone gets what they really deserve. :cheer:

• Korky
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53207 by Korky
Replied by Korky on topic Re:DLA and ESA
Waltwhitman

Hi Walt I think it is about time everyone gets what they really deserve. In this day and age why should people have to prove their is anything worng to get it. :( We deserve to get both. :lol:

I mean doctors going to people's houses, flats and bungalows. Why can't they just beleive what people put on there forms and what the claimants own GP's or consultants say? Instead of having to prove what is wrong this way? It is an invasion of privacy and should be treated as such.

They get paid extra for it which is a another burden on tax payers. So beleive what we say and leave us alone.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.