× Members

Severe Disability Premium - Evidence

• Shammy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53107 by Shammy
Severe Disability Premium - Evidence was created by Shammy
Hi,

I have just put through an appeal against being declined for Severe Disability Premium (SDP), and was wanting some help with what type of evidence I could send in.

The situation is that I live with my mother (who has already been classed by the DWP as being dependent, and is thus not included as someone living with me), and she is completely separate from my father who also lives in the same dwelling. Myself and my mother have absolutely no relationship with him and live completely separate to him in the house. The DWP have asked me to send in evidence that shows that we live completely separate to him.

What type of evidence would be good to send in to prove that we live separate, as the DWP have not stated what would be suitable. For example, we do nothing with him at all, and my mum and myself have separate rooms to him in the home, and completely separate lives.

Some help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I do also have an appointment arranged with a Welfare Officer, but I found with my DLA and ESA Appeals I was telling them what needed to happen and knew more than them. I would like to be prepared before my meeting with them.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from someone soon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53138 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium - Evidence
Shammy

I can't find any specific guidance for SDA, so I am cribbing from other benefits.

You don't say whether your mother and father are divorced, if they are then it will be a lot easier.

If they not then, you need to show that they are not living as a couple, this would include, seperate bedrooms, seperate defined living area, schedules for use of common areas (kitchen, bathroom), seperate bank accounts, seperate payments for utilities, rent or mortgage.

Hope this helps

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Shammy
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53300 by Shammy
Replied by Shammy on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium - Evidence
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the information you gave, it is much appreciated. I guess it is just trial and error to see what evidence they will accept (e.g. letters outlining situation, bills showing my signature, food shopping receipts, etc).

Thanks again for your help.

• Dippypud
12 years 11 months ago #53416 by Dippypud
Replied by Dippypud on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium - Evidence
Is it possible that the local authority have such a record, for things as Council Tax or any home help or care given.

These are sometimes asked for by local authorities(sp) when parents split up but are still sharing the house with their ex and youngish children. IYKWIM

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.