× Members

DLA and work

• froglegs
12 years 11 months ago #53574 by froglegs
Replied by froglegs on topic Re:DLA and work
I currently do supported permitted work, as does my colleague, 9 hours a week each.

I receive HRM but no Care, she receives both HRM and HRC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #53581 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:DLA and work
Dave wrote:

Survivor wrote:

It's my understanding of the government's proposals that people applying for PIP/transferred from DLA to PIP will be reassessed annually, but whether they go ahead with that remains to be seen.

not seen annual have seen " regular "

I stand corrected.

• Disillusioned22
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #53595 by Disillusioned22
Replied by Disillusioned22 on topic Re:DLA and work
What is "supported permitted work?"

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #53605 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA and work
Survivor wrote:

Dave wrote:

Survivor wrote:

It's my understanding of the government's proposals that people applying for PIP/transferred from DLA to PIP will be reassessed annually, but whether they go ahead with that remains to be seen.

not seen annual have seen " regular "

I stand corrected.

:) Its not going to happen, they dont have the staff, they will IMO do what they seem to do with some ESA claims keep picking on the same ones

• froglegs
12 years 11 months ago #53638 by froglegs
Replied by froglegs on topic Re:DLA and work
I think there is stuff on here about permitted work, which is work you are allowed to do up to a maximum limit of both hours and earnings, while still receiving, in my case, IB. This work is time limited to a year I think.

Supported permitted work is very similar but there is no time limit on how long I can work, I've been doing it for about 3 years now but, unfortunately, may not be able to continue for much longer due to a deterioration in my health.

The work has to be approved (by the DWP I think) and I am supported by a local scheme where I live who I have very regular contact with to discuss any extra support I need in order to do my work. They are excellent.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.