× Members

DLA

• abbeydabbs
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #53690 by abbeydabbs
DLA was created by abbeydabbs
I need some advice i suffer from ms which has gone into rapid decline in the last year so i need 24/7 care.this is done by my husband.i get dla mobility at the higher rate plus my husband gets carers allowence.we,ve just found out that my husband has a chronic heart condition and needs to go easy.will this affect the carers allowence and can i get any benefit for him.need advice urgently :(

Mod edit: please do not post in upper case
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by Derek4.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #53701 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA
Your husband may be entitled to claim ESA and/or DLA.

Whether your husband's Carer's Allowance will be affected, will very much depend on whether he is awarded any benefits he claims for sickness/disability.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #53702 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA
Abbey

Whilst there is no "health check" involved in claiming Carers Allowance, it is implied that the carer is able to provide the minimum of 35 hours care that is paid for.

If your husband is reasonably able to continue to do this, then I cannot see any reason to contact the DWP, however, if this is not the case, you are obliged to do so.

With regard to your husband claiming benefits, have a look at our guides for ESA and DLA. If you feel he would qualify foe either of these, I would advise you seek face to face advice, especially with regard to ESA, to ensure that you understand what impact they might have to your finances.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.