× Members

new evidence

• foxyearthangel
  • Topic Author
13 years 3 weeks ago #53738 by foxyearthangel
new evidence was created by foxyearthangel
hi, hubby had is dla appeal today and it was adjourned due to us not reciveing a large bundle in the post they did us photocopys of it and sent us away with this instead of waiting on the dwp to re send it out
also they asked to send in further evidence his dla ran out in july last year in august 2010 is gp referd him back to his neurologist because is seizures started to re occur again i have rang the gp and there sending him a copy of his referal letter and also a copy of the response from his neuroligst to say yes he has an increase in seizures and had to update his mediaction to fwd to the appeals within 14 days like the judge said i was wondering if this would of been new light in evidence and would not have to have gone to an appeal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 3 weeks ago #53747 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: new evidence
The appeal will be based on your husband's care and/or mobility needs at the time of his claim, not now.

If his needs have increased, you should let the DWP know so that they can review his entitlement from now on.

However, if you now have evidence from his neurologist as to how he was when the original claim was made, then this will be relevant.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #53748 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:new evidence
Hi Foxyearthangel

I don't think there is any way of knowing what would have happened if the DWP had the evidence now being presented to the tribunal, but I hope the additional evidence will swing the case in you Husband's favour.

Good luck

Derek

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.