× Members

ESA award and documents

More
12 years 11 months ago #53869 by cmarie510
ESA award and documents was created by cmarie510
Hello Everyone,

This last Friday I received a letter regarding an ESA award. They have given me money for "living expenses" and money for "being severely disabled". Phew.

I called the information phone number for ESA to confirm but I did want to know when I might get my original documents back (5 sick notes, 2 payslips and an SSP1 form from my employer).

I was told they would keep all the original documents. As advised by B&W, I had made copies, but I was under the impression that the originals would be returned to me.

Would someone be able to tell me what is correct.

Thank you for your time.

cmarie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #53870 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:ESA award and documents
cmarie

I can understand why they want to keep the Fit notes, but not the payslips and the SSP1, I would call them again and ask about the return of these documents.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #53878 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:ESA award and documents
Gordon,

Thank you, I will do that today.

One more not so quick question: I have been reading and annotating the last 61 page ESA claims on Physical and Health grounds. I have JUST gotten as far as page 29 and as I wrote, I have been making notes and highlighting as I have gone along.

Should/Could I start with the latest doc. from page 27 say, and annotate it??? The old doc represents hours of work for me. I'm not sure how to proceed.

Kindest regards,
cmarie

More
12 years 11 months ago #53898 by Gordon
cmarie

From what I can see the new WCA tests start on page 26, before then, I think there are only minor changes and the vast makority of the test is the same.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
12 years 11 months ago #53985 by cmarie510
Replied by cmarie510 on topic Re:ESA award and documents
many thanks

More
12 years 11 months ago #53993 by Gordon
Just spotted a spelling error that changes the context of what I wrote. It should have been

I think there are only minor changes and the vast majority of the text is the same.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.