× Members

DLA - 2 questions re medical/appeal process

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #53909 by Capten
Hello, all – have searched for answers without luck – due to ill health I can’t trawl through the forum, so if someone can help me, **thank you** :) in advance.

This is regarding my current claim for DLA renewal – I am trying to prepare myself for whatever happens.

My questions are:

1. If the DWP decides to give me a medical again, and it’s the same Atos doctor who didn’t examine me properly last time, do I have the right to request another doctor?

2. If I appeal the DWP’s decision, is it best to get professional help straight away, or should I send back the GL24 form first while applying for a solicitor/advisor?

Many thanks for reading this, I appreciate any advice or if you can point me in the direction of a relevant post/article.

Kind regards,
C. :)

'That the birds of worry & care fly above your head, this you cannot change; that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent.' -Dihareb Tseiniaidd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John
13 years 2 weeks ago #54378 by John
1, Yes you can refuse a particular dr, I have done so myself. In hindsight I would not do so again but in your circumstances if it was the same dr as before and you were unhappy then yes I would. I do have a feeling they do not send the same dr back to the same person.

2, You have 1 month to appeal so may be better to do fill the form in sooner if you do not get an advisor immediately. I would use the letter template in the members section also about why you are appealing.

Take heart that this site has most of the answers for you, it can for some be long battle but fingers crossed things will go much smoother for you than you anticipate.

Good luck

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.