× Members

Taking Representative to IB Medical

• Rosered
13 years 2 weeks ago #54114 by Rosered
Replied by Rosered on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
Look at the comments section posted by Brobat on the Guardian in relation of anyone with a mental health problem having some one with them at an interview -

excerpt <<My advice to mentally ill claimants is insist that you are interviewed with someone who knows the ropes and to ensure that certain boxes have not been ticked without your knowledge.

If you feel that you made the statement under duress or having your vulnerability exploited and that this has led to a reduction in your benefit, write a letter of complaint stating that. Write to your MP, make him/her work.

If you feel that you have been unfairly treated and harrassed, just reference the Police and Criminal Evidence Bill. This can also apply to people with physical disabilities, who, no doubt, feel equally vulnerable<<

Link -

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/ap...za-big-serco-welfare

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54166 by billkruse
Replied by billkruse on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
I agree, in fact everyone should have someone medically qualified and legally qualified with them to see fair play. This should be law.

• hereandthere
  • Topic Author
13 years 2 weeks ago #54218 by hereandthere
Replied by hereandthere on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
Hi

Thanks for that information, most appreciated. I'll give my local Mind branch a call.

Cheers,

Scott

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54246 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
I would just like to point out that Mind is mentioned a lot in the forum but it only covers England and Wales.
So if the orginal poster is from say Scotland like myself it wont' be of any use .
Jenny

• RachelPotter
13 years 2 weeks ago #54254 by RachelPotter
Replied by RachelPotter on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
Hi Jenny, is there an equivalent in Scotland?

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54264 by Jennifer Gray
Replied by Jennifer Gray on topic Re:Taking Representative to IB Medical
Hi Fedup there is SAMH (Scottish Association for Mental Health) but not sure if they do representation to medicals or tribunals.
Jenny

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.