× Members

Migration to ESA? Lost in the fog of info.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54268 by James
I am new to all of this and extremely confused. Sorry to pull everyone back to basics but my situation is this. On, Incap Ben, Severe Dis Allow, Income Supp, DLA, Lower Rate Mob/ Middle Rate Care for many years. This awarded on mental health grounds. Since last Nov, Mobility raised to Higher Rate due to Chronic Spinal condition. As I am on Morphine now for pain management I am feeling a little fogged and confused about the proposed movement of myself onto ESA. Has anyone some idea when I am likely to be hoiked in and required to reapply etc. Many Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54320 by Derek4
Hi James

Claimants are expected to be reassessed on what was their PCA review date. I would suggest that you bookmark the page below as it is updated whenever there is any new information.

www.disabilityalliance.org/ibmigrate.htm

Regards

Derek

• Gold6082
13 years 2 weeks ago #54372 by Gold6082
Replied by Gold6082 on topic Re:Migration to ESA? Lost in the fog of info.
If migration is based on PCA review date, will someone for example due on Feb 16th this year now wait till feb 16th 2012, or will late reviews be backdated,in respect making them first up in the imminent future?.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #54375 by Derek4
Hi Gold6082

If somebody misses their review date due to a backlog I doubt they will get another year. They will probably be reviewed whenever the DWP manage to catch up.

Regards

Derek

• Gold6082
13 years 2 weeks ago #54376 by Gold6082
Replied by Gold6082 on topic Re:Migration to ESA? Lost in the fog of info.
Thanks.

I was unsure as according to some it has been up to 7 months already since their due date elapsed,yet they are not being called yet.

• Graham
13 years 2 weeks ago #54380 by Graham
My IB review date was Dec 2010 so would expect to be one of the first. Every day now is apprehension waiting for the envelope.
According to the Tory MP on Andrew Marr show they are helping those "lost in the system" to regain their rightful place in the working society. Ruined my carpet when I spat out my coffee laughing at that one. As she said 30% of those reassessed in the pilot scheme were found fit for work. Pity she failed to mention 40% of those were found unfit upon appeal.

Madness.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.