× Members

DLA and the added benifits

More
13 years 1 week ago #54507 by Lyn
DLA and the added benifits was created by Lyn
Hello again, as I have previously said in another post, I won my DLA tribunal hearing:), now here is the thing, I know I can apply for a blue badge, already have a radar key, but what about help with the practical things like garden rubbish clearance, or help with the gardening itself, I live in a ground floor flat but have a massive front and back garden, can't afford to pay for gardeners to come in anymore, I have been paying for 16 years (£thousands), no more funds left! It's a housing Association property and if it doesn't get done, then you get a nasty letter, oh joy :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Survivor
13 years 1 week ago #54511 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re: DLA and the added benifits
In some parts of the country there are local handyman schemes that help particular groups of people such as disabled and/or elderly people. Sometimes they get money from the council, sometimes from charities. In some parts of the country, people on Community Payback schemes (sentenced by the courts) do that sort of thing.

If there's nothing like that near you, have you got any skills you can swap for the gardening? Or could you let someone use part of your garden as an allotment in exchange for gardening?

For rubbish clearance, the council may do it for you, or again there may be charities that will.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.