× Members

DLA for life i have a question

• berrygirl
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54519 by berrygirl
DLA for life i have a question was created by berrygirl
Hello to all,
I was awarded DLA for life a few years ago now abour 12 years ago. I have been very fortunate and i was awarded higher rate mobility and care.
Now with the new goverment and the fact that everyone has to be reassesed i would like to know does this apply to me as well as i have already been awarded for life?
I have M.S so i am not going to find some cure if anything just go downhill.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I would hate to loose my car and the freedom it gives and the extra help for my disability.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54521 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
berrygirl

The re-assessments being discussed in the forum relate to the transfer of IB claimants to ESA over the next 3 years, so that would not affect you.

However, an indefinite award does not mean that you will not be re-assessed as the DWP randomly re-assess a percentage of DLA claimants every year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• berrygirl
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54635 by berrygirl
Replied by berrygirl on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
This is a relief. My car is up for renewal in Nov and i was planning on getting another one bit loathed to if they suddenly took my DLA away didn't want to loose the deposit.
I thought it was a sweep of all DLA claiments? I thought that was what was said in the budget before last. Or are they just making it harder for new claiments etc?

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54648 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
Gordon wrote:

berrygirl

The re-assessments being discussed in the forum relate to the transfer of IB claimants to ESA over the next 3 years, so that would not affect you.

However, an indefinite award does not mean that you will not be re-assessed as the DWP randomly re-assess a percentage of DLA claimants every year.

Gordon

Wont there be re assessment for this person when PIP comes in ? 2013 2014 "ish"

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54649 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
berrygirl wrote:

This is a relief. My car is up for renewal in Nov and i was planning on getting another one bit loathed to if they suddenly took my DLA away didn't want to loose the deposit.
I thought it was a sweep of all DLA claiments? I thought that was what was said in the budget before last. Or are they just making it harder for new claiments etc?

dla is being changed and you will be reviewed

www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2010/dla-reform.shtml

• Survivor
12 years 11 months ago #54652 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
The main problem with advising on the move to PIP is that we don't have much in the way of detail yet. Doubtless the government will enlighten us in due course and we can share all the sad details with you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.