× Members

DLA for life i have a question

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54653 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
Survivor wrote:

The main problem with advising on the move to PIP is that we don't have much in the way of detail yet. Doubtless the government will enlighten us in due course and we can share all the sad details with you.

This was published a couple of days ago and makes interesting reading

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/dla-reform-response.pdf

dla-reform-response from DWP

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #54661 by davewood
Replied by davewood on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
Hello I just wanted to say that I had my higher mobility stopped in June 2009 despite having an indefinite award. I felt my personal care needs had increased and requested that they re-consider my personal care needs. I did not mention about my mobility problems as I assumed this would continue. Anyway I had an operation on my hand and two months later my mobility was stopped with no explanation given. They also kept my personal care on the lowest level despite having two operations. I have been appealing ever since and my submission is now 300 pages long, is this a record? The Upper Tier Tribunal has said there are several errors of law and I have a re-hearing which has been cancelled twice once in January 2011 and again last month aargh I am hoping to have my Appeal heard soon! I wanted to warn you to think twice before ordering that car!!

More
12 years 11 months ago #54666 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
rockingglass wrote:

I have been appealing ever since and my submission is now 300 pages long, is this a record?

I don't know how many pages my DLA appeals eventually consisted of, but ultimately it amounted to over three lever arch files!

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• originaldave
12 years 11 months ago #54668 by originaldave
Replied by originaldave on topic Re:DLA for life i have a question
rockingglass wrote:

Hello I just wanted to say that I had my higher mobility stopped in June 2009 despite having an indefinite award. I felt my personal care needs had increased and requested that they re-consider my personal care needs. I did not mention about my mobility problems as I assumed this would continue. Anyway I had an operation on my hand and two months later my mobility was stopped with no explanation given. They also kept my personal care on the lowest level despite having two operations. I have been appealing ever since and my submission is now 300 pages long, is this a record? The Upper Tier Tribunal has said there are several errors of law and I have a re-hearing which has been cancelled twice once in January 2011 and again last month aargh I am hoping to have my Appeal heard soon! I wanted to warn you to think twice before ordering that car!!

having 2 operations would not mean you get more dla ... greater need would get you higher care ..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.