Tribunal! was created by Steve King
How long should someone on average wait
for their tribunal for DLA,i put in my
claim in December 09 and have only just
been given a date for this month, I must
admit with all the negative things being
said about claimants on TV and the radio,
that I am dreading it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hellsmagpie
12 years 11 months ago #54539 by hellsmagpie
Replied by hellsmagpie on topic Re:Tribunal!
Steve
I had my ATOS medical in August 2010, and was given a date in February 2011 for my tribunal hearing. As I was too ill to attend, it was postponed to late March. For me the wait was useful because it gave me time to go through the ATOS report and pick on the many errors. Like ATOS said I sat OK for 42 minutes, yet the whole medical took only 46 minutes( including medical )
I scored zero points, but the tribunal lasted two minutes! and gave me ESA. The Tribunal was "friendly" and not at all negative, so it may not be as bad as you fear.
Use the time you have to read the info on this site and use it in prepairing for the appeal. If you do that you are very likely to win, so be positive.
Good luck at your hearing

• Steve King
  • Topic Author
12 years 11 months ago #54689 by Steve King
Replied by Steve King on topic Re:Tribunal!
Many thanks,just hope I don't muck it up!

More
12 years 11 months ago #54832 by nairn62
Replied by nairn62 on topic Re:Tribunal!
You're are 'very' lucky to get a date so quickly. I have to wait until December 2011 for my ESA tribunal!!!!!!!!!!!

More
12 years 11 months ago #54840 by lochlisa
Replied by lochlisa on topic Re:Tribunal!
that is outrageous !

mind you, I was told March 2011 for mine and, surprise, surprise, it still hasn't taken place !

Lisa

• blowingbubbles45
12 years 11 months ago #54885 by blowingbubbles45
Replied by blowingbubbles45 on topic Re:Tribunal!
I applied July 09, had doctor visit Xmas eve Dec 09 followed by upheld decision notice Jan 2010, asked for appeal, waited until July, turned up, was told they were running late and they would give me another date in September, finally got it in Jan 2011, and it was a farce. I feel bitter and cheated by the whole process, there should be a warning on the forms "Applying for DLA can make you iller" I feel it has actually contributed to just how poorly I am and feel completely alone and not sure if I can fight the injustice and inaccuracies they have based decisions on.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.